- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M. Master of Laws in Estate Planning, 1984
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 1981
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S., 1978
Dan P. Heller
Dan P. Heller is the founding partner of Heller Espenkotter. He advises U.S. citizens, residents and foreign individuals and their families, banks, trust companies and financial advisors on matters including estate planning, federal transfer taxes, asset protection, probate, trust administration, guardianship administration, charitable giving, formation of charitable entities, trust law, corporate formation (corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies), business structure, business agreements, business succession and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
Dan holds a Master of Laws degree (LL.M.) in Estate Planning and has garnered numerous distinctions in his over 35 years of practice including an AV® Preeminent™ rating by Martindale Hubbell, its highest rating. He is a Board Certified Specialist in Wills, Trusts & Estates from the Florida Bar, is a fellow of the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel (ACTEC), and has been recognized by “Best Lawyers in America” for Trust and Estates, a “Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney” by the Super Lawyers publication, “South Florida Legal Guide,” and “Miami Herald” Top Lawyers in Florida.
Dan has lectured to accountants, attorneys, medical professionals, and non-professionals on estate planning, asset protection and business matters. He has also been published on various subjects, including topics on several Florida Bar practice manuals.
- ESTATE PLANNING
- ESTATE, TRUST AND GUARDIANSHIP ADMINISTRATION
- ASSET PROTECTION AND WEALTH PRESERVATION
- PRENUPTIAL AND POSTNUPTIAL AGREEMENTS
- BUSINESS ENTITY FORMATION
- CHARITABLE PLANNING AND TAX-EXEMPT ORGANIZATIONS
- BUSINESS SUCCESSION AND TRANSACTIONS
- INTERNATIONAL ESTATE AND INCOME TAX PLANNING
- TRUST, ESTATE AND GUARDIANSHIP DISPUTES
- Board Certified, Wills, Trusts & Estates, The Florida Bar
- Fellow, American College of Trust & Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Best Lawyers in South Florida
- South Florida Legal Guide “Top Lawyers”
- Daily Business Review “Top Lawyers”
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated Martindale Hubbell **
- Indulge Magazine