- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M. Master of Laws in Estate Planning, 1998
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1997
- University of Florida, B.A., 1993
Alex Espenkotter is a managing partner of Heller Espenkotter who represents U.S. and foreign individuals, families, banks and trust companies on a wide array of estate planning matters with a major emphasis on minimizing federal transfer taxes, creating wills and trusts, administering estates and trusts, business succession, fiduciary representation, guardianships, charitable donations, charitable trusts and foundations, cross-border/international taxation, pre-immigration planning, asset protection and creating prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
With 19 years of experience, Alex has earned the distinction with the Florida Bar of being a Board Certified Specialist in Wills, Trusts & Estates and having an AV® Preeminent™ rating by Martindale Hubbell, its highest rating. He also holds a Master of Laws degree (LL.M.) in Estate Planning and has been recognized identified as a “Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney” by the Super Lawyers publication.
Alex received his B.A. from the University of Florida and his Juris Doctor Degree (cum laude) and LL.M. degrees from the University Of Miami School Of Law. He frequently speaks to accountants, attorneys and other professionals on estate planning, asset protection and business planning topics. Alex has also authored and co-authored various estate planning articles, including several chapters of the Florida Bar practice manuals.
- ESTATE PLANNING
- ESTATE, TRUST AND GUARDIANSHIP ADMINISTRATION
- ASSET PROTECTION AND WEALTH PRESERVATION
- PRENUPTIAL AND POSTNUPTIAL AGREEMENTS
- BUSINESS ENTITY FORMATION
- CHARITABLE PLANNING AND TAX-EXEMPT ORGANIZATIONS
- BUSINESS SUCCESSION AND TRANSACTIONS
- INTERNATIONAL ESTATE AND INCOME TAX PLANNING
- TRUST, ESTATE AND GUARDIANSHIP DISPUTES
- Board Certified, Wills, Trusts & Estates, The Florida Bar
- Best Lawyers in South Florida
- Florida Super Lawyers
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated Martindale Hubbell **
- STEP Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP)